From Fr. Godfrey
– THANK YOU to Megan McCombs, the Social Chair, and everyone who made our Summer Social a great event again. There are surely easier ways to raise funds, but what a blessing for us to work together for the common good of our parish. That’s a blessing to us all!!
– THANK YOU to our Funeral Lunch Ministry Team. Your service at a stressful family time is such a blessing to so many people in our parish. Thanks for attending to those who are in need.
– SOUND SYSTEM. I should have been more careful in my announcement last weekend. Last weekend, only one speaker was working. On Thursday, the sound people were back to make the rest work. While it already is so much better than what we were used to, I know there is more to improve. I’ll do my best to accept constructive criticism about the renovation. I apologize that my openness to these comments isn’t at an all-time high. Thanks for your patience!
– CAMPAIGN. Throughout the entire construction time, we have paid the bills as they came from the savings from our Giving God Thanks capital campaign. At this time, as we await the last half-million of pledged dollars, we will need to do some short-term borrowing from the diocese to cover the bills.
– PUBLICATION. At the encouragement of the Pastoral Council and the Adult Faith Formation Committee, I’ll be working on a publication that we’ll print that details the changes in the appearance of the church, gives some history to various pieces, and provides some explanation of why things are as they are. That will be coming out around the time of the dedication (November 6).
– SCHOOL. The school is off to a great start this year again. Thanks to Mrs. Ford and all our staff for providing good leadership and direction. Thanks to our cooperative parents, as well, for helping make it all work together for the glory of God and the strong education of our young parishioners.