From Fr. Godfrey
– DOUGHNUTS. Thank you to Amy Decker and her crew, the Scouts, and the Knights of Columbus for hosting Coffee & Donuts each month. Great work, one and all!
– HEAVENLY DUSTERS. Thanks, also, to all who help keep our church clean. Many quiet, anonymous parishioners donate their talent for the sake of all of us.
– BUILDINGS & GROUNDS. Recently, I reconstituted the Buildings & Grounds Committee, under the oversight of the Finance Council. Andy Howard has agreed to chair this committee. Currently, members include: Alex Diekhoff, Flavian Elpers, David Evans, Mike Goebel, Rock Reed, Joe Schmidt. B&G meets the first Thursday of the month 7:00-8:00PM. If you’re interested in being on this committee, please notify me. Thanks to all who are helping the parish prioritize our maintenance needs.
– TUESDAY CREW. Are you able to help out with maintenance work? Our Tuesday Crew gathers for a little social time before spending the morning assisting with the maintenance work that never ends in our buildings. If you’d like to help out, call the parish office.
– SOPRANOS. Ladies, we must be one of the few choirs on earth in need of SOPRANOS. Are you able to sing and want to join the choir? Please contact Jennifer Korba. (Remember, often Sopranos sing the melody!)
– ST. SCHOLASTICA ROOF. As you’ve been able to see, work has begun on the two large flat roofs of St. Scholastica Hall. At this time, we will not be dealing with the roofs of the Auditorium and the small roofs around it. A parishioner donor and bequest have covered one of the two roofs. The other — $36,000 — is not yet taken care of.
– STATUES. In preparation for the renovation of the church, the four statues from the shrine in the Southwest corner of the church will be refurbished. Two of the statues — the Sacred Heart and St. Anthony — have already been taken for the work to happen. The cost of each statue’s work will be about $3,000. If you’re interested in funding one of the statues’ rehabilitation (or part of it), please contact Fr. Godfrey. A book will appear in the renovated church which will allow for these types of contributions to be noted.