From Fr. Godfrey
– SUMMER SOCIAL. It appears that the Summer Social will net about the same as last year: $50,000-55,000. The Raven Raffle showed over $30,000 in profit this year. Great work to all who bought or sold tickets. And once again, thank you to everyone who worked to make the social a success. This was the last year for Megan & Chad McCombs to chair the Social. For them, let’s offer God grateful prayers. I’m happy to announce the General Chairs for next year: Daniel & Jennifer Ziemer. Thank you to all those who had quiet, behind-the-scenes jobs for the social that make it work every year. Where would we be without you all? And finally, the rides company just can’t seem to hold employees. That was the problem on Saturday: no workers. We will be receiving a refund for that and will be looking for a different opportunity.
– FINANCES. I know the information you’ve received this weekend will be sobering and probably even alarming. My hope is that we address our financial shortfall with generous giving, not because “Father needs it,” but because we all believe in the important ministries the parish carries out on a daily basis. How about “I want to support that work” instead of giving because Father is asking for more? It’s a shift inside us. Most prefer giving to projects, but all that we do is a project for building the Kingdom of God. Thanks to Adrienne Ford for speaking at all the Masses this weekend.
– SOUND SYSTEM. Some have said that it is harder to hear on the west side of church. The sound technicians are planning to add a “supplemental speaker” to the front of the new cantor stand. It will be a few more weeks before that is in place, but it should assist in addressing any muffled sound in that area.
– TABERNACLE. The tabernacle has hit a delay. I’d sure be grateful for some prayers that it arrives before November 6.
– MOM & DAD. Thanks to those who ask about them. They’re both doing well, about the same.