From Fr. Godfrey
– SUMMER SOCIAL. Several people have been actively working to plan our Summer Social.
August 25, 2018, noon to 10PM.
As always, our goal is to raise funds, but more, to help our community work together to get to know one another. As you can see on the bulletin cover, lots of HELP is needed. We’ll be in contact to ask for your help. The LINK FOR VOLUNTEERING is given on the front cover. This year, there will be NO ALCOHOL served. We’re working to enhance the RAVEN RAFFLE (formerly the Big Raffle). We’re hoping to bring back some of our old offerings and to bring some new opportunities. The CHICKEN DINNER will return again this year, great as ever. GAMES, RIDES, INFLATABLES, ENTERTAINMENT, the BIG WHEEL, and MASS will all be part of the day. Please feel free to step forward to help. If you have a great idea for a game or booth, please contact the Parish Office. Megan McCombs and I will be asking people to help in new, great ways. I hope you’ll be open to helping in making our wonderful Social a success. Above all, please pray that God will bless our efforts!
– PRINCIPAL. Nine applied and four were part of the interviewing, and I am delighted to announce the hiring of MRS. KARI FORD as the principal of our parish school. Mrs. Ford was most recently principal of Rockport Elementary School. She has plenty of other experience teaching and in administration at Fairlawn. She and her husband and their two daughters are parishioners of Holy Rosary. We welcome Mrs. Ford to our Parish Team and look forward to her leadership! Please pray for her.
– FAMILY. Many of you kindly asked me this past weekend if I enjoyed my vacation. Unfortunately, my dad was admitted to the hospital in Massachusetts right after my niece’s wedding. Along with my mom, sister, and brother-in-law, I stayed in Massachusetts till Wednesday. My dad found out there that he has colon cancer. Mom’s Alzheimer’s continues to progress. I would certainly appreciate your prayers for them and for my family. God grant us peace in making difficult decisions! Count on my grateful prayers for your kindness.
– YARD SALE. Sincere thanks to LISA CALVERT and her helpers for putting together the annual Yard Sale coming up this Friday and Saturday. What a huge amount of work (and items!) for the benefit of the parish. And thanks to all who donated items for the sale.
– DUMPLINGS. Come roll some dumplings Monday & Tuesday, July 16+17 & 23+24 at 4:30PM in the cafeteria.