From Fr. Godfrey
– THANK YOU to all who helped with the planning, execution, and celebration of our MARDI GRAS. It is always such a lovely evening of community for our parish.
– THANK YOU also to a non-parishioner couple who are donating $100,000 to the cathedral parish. After some conversation with me regarding our needs (I mentioned the parking lot, the Willow Road debt, and the church roof debt), they have decided to RETIRE THE DEBT ON THE WILLOW ROAD PROPERTIES. A little will be left over and those funds will go toward the church roof replacement debt. Please join me in offering a prayer of gratitude for this amazing generosity! As you may recall, the Willow loan was rolled into our recent $1.6M loan from the diocese, along with the church roof, doctor office, operational deficit from last year, and remaining funds for the church renovation (unmet pledges).
– Willow Properties History. These properties were purchased around 2005 and following. In 2013, the debt was over $600,000 for those properties and in the eighth year of a seven-year loan, just a few thousand dollars of interest had been paid; none of the principal had been paid. Over the last six years, we’ve gotten that debt paid down to just over $90,000. Five empty lots are now ours outright. What a blessing!
– STEWARDSHIP. Last week, I talked at a Stewardship Conference. I showed the numbers of our renewal from this year and emphasized the change in PRAYER COMMITMENTS over the last three years. With nearly the same number of cards returned, our prayer commitments have increased from 1,786 in 2017, to 2,449 in 2018, to 3,112 in 2019. I’m thrilled that we’re praying more and welcoming the wisdom of God’s Word into our daily lives. Above all, that makes such a happy difference in our parish!
– PARENTS. Many continue to ask me about my folks. They’re both doing fairly well. Mom talks frequently, just not to anyone we can see. Dad’s health is good and he’s by her side every day. It’s important to me that I go see them every week. And thanks to so many who help me make that happen!