From Fr. Godfrey
– FAITH DAY. Please consider taking part in FAITH DAY, focusing on a Catholic response to POVERTY. The day will be on March 9 at Good Shepherd from 8:30 to 12:00 Noon. See more information elsewhere in the bulletin.
– ANNUAL FUND. By now, everyone should have received my letter about the Annual Fund coming back into existence. I had truly hoped that more people would use their regular Sunday giving as a way to help us with the expenses of the Diocesan Assessment and the Roof Debt. Some ideas I have aren’t great! As always, I’m grateful for all that people do in the parish to help make things work.
– MARDI GRAS. Come enjoy a wonderful evening of community and fun at the Mardi Gras. My thanks to the many PTO parents who make this event happen year after year. This is a great example of people using their talent for the good of our community. It is a PARISH event — for the benefit of our school, which is a ministry of the parish.
– THANK YOU, LITURGICAL MINISTERS. Recently, I was overwhelmed with gratitude for all the people who help make our weekend liturgies so beautiful. There is SO MUCH dedication among so many of our parishioners: Mass servers, Lectors, Sacristans, Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion, Musicians, Ushers, Greeters, and others! THANK YOU to each and every one. And thanks to JEREMY KORBA for coordinating the scheduling of some of these ministries. We should be proud of what happens in this place!
– SAINT MEINRAD. On behalf of all the monks of Saint Meinrad, thank you for your generosity to that appeal. I’m so glad we have numerous connections to celebrate: an active Oblate chapter here, relatives who were/are monks, Benedictine pastors, and love for the Church’s work of forming priests. May God bless your kindness and may He also bless the work of the monks, especially in forming priests, deacons, and lay ministers.