From Fr. Godfrey
– THANK YOU to all who contributed to the Welcoming Advent activity last Sunday. May we all become better equipped to welcome the Lord, especially in our willingness to listen to Him.
– CONFESSIONS. A reminder that the Sacrament of Penance is available almost daily here. Advent isn’t traditionally a penitential season, but is a good time-line reminder for getting to confession more than once a year. Confessions are available in the Northwest confessional (nearest the BVM statue) Monday through Saturday 6:40-6:55AM, Tuesday through Saturday 8:40-8:55AM, Saturday 3:00-4:00PM.
– IMMACULATE CONCEPTION. Because the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception falls on a Sunday this year, it is moved to Monday, the 9th (December 8 this year is the second Sunday of Advent) and the obligation to attend Mass is lifted. Because of this change, we will only have 7AM Mass on Monday, December 9, according to our typical custom for Mondays.
– CHRISTMAS SCHEDULE. Since I know many are planners, here is the typical Christmas schedule, which we’ll follow again this year.
CHRISTMAS EVE (Tuesday, 12/24)
Children’s Mass at 4:30PM & 12:00 Midnight Mass
CHRISTMAS DAY (Wednesday, 12/25)
6:00AM & 9:00AM
NEW YEAR’S EVE (Tuesday, 12/31)
MARY, MOTHER OF GOD (Wednesday, 1/1)
6:00AM & 9:00AM
– GRIEF. The past few weeks have brought about many memories of brighter days, before my sister’s death and my mom’s Alzheimer’s. While I understand that others may not remember those events in my life — ongoing events that sometimes do get to me — and I wouldn’t want or expect people to, to me those elements of my life sometimes take their toll on my energy, on my prudence, on my charity. And so, if I’ve rubbed you the wrong way recently or said something I shouldn’t have said, I’m sorry and I really do appreciate your understanding and patience.