From Fr. Godfrey
– MISSION. Thank you to all who helped with the Parish Mission, with the liturgies, the receptions, set-up, clean-up, and participation. Fr. Mick’s preaching, I suspect, will remain with all of us for quite some time. Allowing ourselves to be renewed by the Word of God is part of who we are.
– MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES. We had an overwhelming response from people interested in assisting in the parish office — more than we’re currently able to occupy. A few other opportunities have arisen. 1) Number Boards/Hymnals. One or two people could post the hymn numbers on all four number boards in church. This can be done before the 4:30 Saturday Mass or after the 10:30 Mass (for the following week) or some other time during the week before or after a Mass when the sacristy is unlocked. It would also be helpful if the hymnals for the servers & deacon could be set for the weekend Masses with tabs to mark the pages. 2) Church Locking on Saturday/Sunday. One or two people (who could alternate weeks or months) could lock the doors of church on Saturday & Sundays. Typically on Saturday, the church doors can be locked about 5:45 after the 4:30 Mass (unless there is a baptism, then about 6:00). On Sundays, the church is locked between 4:00 and 5:00. 3) Organizer. Several cabinets in the parish center containing supplies could be organized and office supplies maintained. 4) Sales Agent. Over the years, many items no longer used have been stored on our property. Are you adept at E-bay or FB Marketplace? Help the parish recover some income from items no longer in use. Please contact the parish office if you’re interested. Some of these are currently my jobs. I’m not too good for them, but I’m also clearly standing in the way of some others bringing forward their talents.
– LENT. Please keep an eye out for our Lenten offerings, including:
– Ash Wednesday Masses: 6 & 9AM, 12:10 & 5:30PM.
–Wednesday Evening Masses at 5:30 with confessions following till 6:30 each Wednesday of Lent (after Ash Wednesday).
– Friday Stations of the Cross at 5:30PM.
– Wednesday Soup Suppers at 6PM on Wednesdays February 28, March 7, & March 14.
– Friday Midday Confessions 12:00-1:00PM on March 9, 16, & 23.
Other Lenten offerings to be announced in the next few weeks. Come Lord. Change our hearts!