By participating in the 2013 Prius Car Raffle at Saint Benedict Cathedral, you agree that:
1. These Official Contest Rules may not be waived, modified, or supplemented except by St. Benedict Cathedral or the Catholic Diocese of Evansville. No modification of these official contest rules shall be enforceable unless made by St. Benedict Cathedral or the Catholic Diocese of Evansville.
2. No more than 2,500 tickets will be sold for the Toyota Prius c hybrid. Estimated EPA MPG combined: 50. Actual mileage will vary.
3. The raffle drawing shall be held at the St. Benedict Cathedral grounds in Evansville, Indiana. All tickets must be received by the drawing date and time (11:45 a.m. CDT) to be eligible for the drawing. You need not be present to win.
4. Each ticket will be entered separately in the drawing. Each ticket is a separate and equal chance to win the car.
5. Tickets purchased with a check that is returned by the bank will be disqualified from the drawing unless a sufficient replacement payment is received prior to the drawing.
6. Winner has 30 days after the drawing to take delivery of the car at Kenny Kent Toyota. Winner is responsible for transportation of the car to their location. All federal and state taxes must be paid to St. Benedict Cathedral by the winner prior to taking possession of the car. Winner is also responsible for paying sales tax to Kenny Kent Toyota prior to taking possession of the car.
7. Due to postal regulations, raffle tickets cannot be mailed to you. We will send you a receipt for your order. When an order is placed, we will complete the ticket by filling in the name, address, and phone number, and we will drop the ticket in the barrel at St. Benedict Cathedral. A ticket receipt is not necessary to claim prizes in this drawing.
8. After the drawing, the winner will be contacted based on the name and information on the ticket. To pick up the vehicle, two forms of identification, one of which must be a photo ID will be required to prove that this person is the person on the winning ticket. Winner notification will be made by telephone or mail.
9. Successive alternate backup winners will be drawn and held by St. Benedict Cathedral, but not announced, in case the first winner does not claim the car within 30 days, is deceased, or is otherwise ineligible.
10. Participant must be at least 18 years old. Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility at the discretion of St. Benedict Cathedral.
11. Winner is solely responsible for all taxes, registration, title, transfer fees, license duties, insurance and all expenses in claiming, registering and using the car. This may include sales taxes and property taxes. St. Benedict Cathedral and the Diocese of Evansville have no liability with regard to taxes and fees for the vehicle.
12. Winner agrees to accept the vehicle as built for U.S. licensing and registration requirements. Winner will be responsible for any modifications required for import to a country outside of the U.S.
agrees to pay 25% federal income tax on the value of the prize to St. Benedict Cathedral
prior to release of the car or any other prize. St. Benedict Cathedral will
submit the taxes collected to the IRS. After the end of the year, St. Benedict
Cathedral will file a form W-2G with the IRS to report the value of the prize
won and the taxes paid in by the winner. The winner will receive a copy of this
Winner also agrees to pay applicable Indiana state tax (currently 3.4% of the value of the car….subject to change) to St. Benedict Cathedral prior to release of the car. Winner also agrees to provide their social security number and other personal information to St. Benedict Cathedral for tax purposes.
14. All nonresident aliens are required by IRS regulations to pay 30% US income tax on the value of the prize unless the winner is a resident of specific countries exempted by treaty. This amount must be paid to St. Benedict Cathedral prior to release of the prize. After the end of the year, St. Benedict Cathedral will file a Form 1042 and 1042-S to report the value of the prize won and the taxes paid in by the winner. The winner will receive a copy of this also.
15. The winner may choose to apply the value of the Prius to a different car at Kenny Kent Toyota. In lieu of a car, the winner may choose a cash prize of $15,000.
16. In the event that fewer than 2,300 tickets have been sold by the drawing date, the winner will receive a cash prize of 50% the net proceeds of the raffle at the time of the drawing not to exceed $15,000.
17. Winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address, photograph or videotape likeness and statements for publicity purposes by St. Benedict Cathedral, and agrees to sign a publicity release without any further compensation.
18. St. Benedict Cathedral reserves the right to cancel this contest at any time, in which event its liability is limited to refund of ticket prices to participants. Any person who engages in conduct designed to corrupt the outcome of a charitable gaming activity with the purpose to defraud, or knowing that he is facilitating a fraud, is guilty of a Class D felony.
19. THIS CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS, AND IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED, OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED.
20. All proceeds benefit St. Benedict Cathedral and School in Evansville, Indiana. Indiana Gaming Festival License #130242.